Milk CreamCourse: DessertCuisine: GoanDifficulty: Medium
1 ltr milk
50 gms cashew nuts
300 gms sugar
2 tbsp butter
- Powder the sugar and cashew nut. While powdering with mixer grinder do not powder it with high speed. Use the “Pulse” button to grind it. Make a fine powder.
- Boil the milk in a vessel, continue stirring it in low flame. Once the milk is reduced to half add the cashew nut and Sugar powder and continue stirring. You have to stir it without stopping till the mixture hardens.
- Now add butter stir and mix it well. After stirring continuously, the mixture will start to leave the sides of the pan. Transfer 1 tsp of the mixture to a dry plate and check if you can form a ball. Applying butter to your hands becomes easy to check.
- Grease a glass bowl with ghee or butter and transfer the milk cream. The reason to transfer the milk cream to a glass bowl or a plate so that you can microwave it for 30 seconds in case the mixture gets dry and hard. To avoid this happen, cover the plate with a damp muslin cloth.
- Wait till it cools down a bit so that it is easy to form different shapes.
- Grease the moulds with different shapes and transfer this cream into those moulds.
- Very important: you need to have a lot of patience, as it takes about 2 hours with continues stirring and additional 1 hour to shape it tastes so good that it’s worth spending time on it.