When you are in a hurry, or you have guests and you don’t have much time to prepare the sambar, or curry the instant tomato rasam comes as a quick remedy.
I learned this recipe from my mother-in-law, which was so helpful for me when I was busy or tired.
Though this is a quick recipe it tastes awesome with rice and kids love it!
when you want to have a light meal it is a perfect rasam with some stir-fried vegetables or fish fry.Join us on our Facebook Group Spices & Aromas
Quick Tomato Rasam Recipe
Quick Tomato RasamCourse: RasamCuisine: South IndianDifficulty: Easy
3 sprigs curry leaves
4 Red chillies
1 Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
5 Garlic crushed
1/4 cup Coriander leaves chopped
Little Oil to fry
salt to taste
- Wash tomatoes and boil them.
- Once the tomatoes cool down peel off the skin.
- Grind the tomatoes to a fine paste in a mixer grinder.
- Finely slice the onions and crush the Garlic.
- In a vessel heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves, Asafoetida/Hing, crushed garlic, red chillies – broken into 2 pieces, salt, and the finely sliced onions, and fry it well.
- Add ground tomato paste to the above and fry it well.
- Add 4 cups of water and cook in slow flame.
- Finally, add the chopped coriander leaves.