Chakli / Chakkuli / MurukkuCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 kg All purpose flour/Maida
1 Coconut milk
2tblsp Seasame seeds
1/4 kg Urad dal
- Place maida/all-purpose-flour in a muslin cloth and steam it in a steamer for half an hour.
- Once the Maida/all-purpose-flour is steamed, it becomes hard, using a chapati roller powder the Maida/all-purpose-flour and sieve it.
- Dry fry the urad dal till it turns light brown colour and powder it once it gets cooled down.
- Extract coconut milk using a mixer grinder
- Mix Maida/all-purpose-flour, dal powder, salt, sesame seeds and knead it with coconut milk and egg.
- Pour some hot oil and knead once again. Now your Chkali dough is ready.
- To press chakli’s use a chakli maker and press spiral-shaped chakli’s.
- Deep fry the chakli’s in medium hot oil in low flame till the chakli’s turn golden brown.