Kulkuls – Kidiyo, Christmas sweetCourse: SnacksCuisine: GoanDifficulty: Medium
1 kg Maida / All-purpose-flour
1 coconut, to extract milk
1/2 cup Chiroti Rava
Salt as per taste
3 Tblsp Hot oil
Oil for frying
1/2 kg Sugar
1 cup of water
- Extract coconut milk from the coconut using a mixer grinder.
- Dry mix maida and chiroti rava.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil and pour on the above and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, salt and knead it to a fine dough. Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Make tiny balls from this dough and spread them on a plate.
- To make kulkuls either you can use a mould shown in the picture or simply use a fork!
- Grease the back of the fork with oil and press the tiny balls gently and flatten it. Now roll it from one edge to the other to make tight rolls.
- Take a deep flat bottom pan and heat oil for medium heat. Deep fry the kulkuls till golden brown colour.
- Allow the kulkuls to cool down
- For sugar icing, take a bowl and boil water and add sugar. Boil till all the sugar is melted and turns syrup form
- Pour this syrup on the cooled kulkuls and mix it well. Spread it on a flat plate to avoid sticking.