Rava laddu is a delicious sweet made of rava / sooji, coconut, nuts and raisins. It does not only taste great but also quite easier to prepare.Join us on our Facebook Group Spices & Aromas
Rava Laddu Recipe
Rava Laddu / Sooji LadooCourse: sweetsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
In Indian festivals ladoo’s have their own importance. One such is Rava ladoo, a delicious, healthy sweet made of rava, coconut, ghee and raisins.
1 kg Sooji/rava
3/4 kg powdered sugar
1/4 cup Cashewnut fine pieces
1/4 nutmeg scraped
1 dried coconut
1 cup Ghee
1 cup Milk
- Scrape the dry coconut to fine pieces, and keep aside
- Fry the sooji in batches, so that it is fried well.
- In a vessel add ghee add the roasted sooji, roasted dry coconut, cashew pieces, nutmeg powder and fry for 5mins till everything is mixed well.
- Off the flame and add powdered sugar. Mix well
- Add milk to small portions of sooji mix
- Take small quantities of it sufficient for a laddu in hand and press hard to make round shaped laddus.