Read all Delicious sweet recipes on Spices & Aromas
Click here to read Christmas special kuswar recipes
Read recipes on awesome snacksJoin us on our Facebook Group Spices & Aromas
Perad – Guava Cheese, a classic Goan sweetCourse: sweetsCuisine: GoanDifficulty: Medium
1 kg Guava
Sugar (as much as the Guava paste: 1 cup guava paste=1 cup sugar )
2 tbsp butter
Food colour (Optional)
- To make Perade, take good riped Guavas. Wash it well and cut the sides of it.
- Steam the washed Guvavas for 20minutes.
- Take out the seed part and boil it and pass it through a sieve to remove the seeds and any hard parts.
- Grind the rest of the Guavas and mix it with sieved centre part of the guava, measure it in a cup.
- Take exactly the same quantity of sugar.
- In a vessel mix, take Guava paste and sugar and stir it in low flame, after 15 minutes add lemon juice and keep stirring continuously.
- After 30 minutes add butter and food colour. At this stage, it is almost getting done.
- In a bowl take ice-cold water, and drop a little Guvavamix in it, if you can form a ball from it, then it is done.
- Grease a plate with ghee and pour above guava mix. Make the top surface even.
- Now and allow it to settle for overnight.
- Take a sharp knife and cut it into the shape you like.
Your blog is truly amazing. Merry CHristmas.
God bless You and Your family.
Keep posting more and more.
Thank you James..
Followed the recipe to the T .. but not able to cut it as you have shown it .. what do you think I did wrong