Click here for all the Christmas Kuswar RecipesJoin us on our Facebook Group Spices & Aromas
Kormolas – Traditional Goan Chrismas sweetCourse: SnacksCuisine: GoanDifficulty: Medium
Kormolas is a mildly sweet, crispy golden brown coloured traditional Goan sweet. made specially during Chrismas season.
2 cup Maida/ All purpose flour
4 tbsp butter
3 tbsp semolina
1/2 tsp salt
10 tsp powdered sugar ( add more as per your taste)
Milk/coconut milk /water kneading
- Sieve the maida and salt together
- Heat the butter and pour it on the flour.
- Add egg. Mix it with your hand, see that the butter and egg is mixed well with the flour, it should look like bread crumbs as shown in the picture.
- Knead the flour using either coconut milk/ milk or water. Do not make a stiff dough, as semolina absorbs the water and make the dough stiff. Keep aside the dough covering it with cling wrap for 30 minutes.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll into a chapati
- Now cut this chapati in small square pieces, about 3-centimetre square
- Now take one square piece and join the opposite sides and press them firmly.
- Join the other two sides in the opposite direction. Press them and twist them slightly so that they don’t open while deep frying. ( Please check it in the video below)
- Now take oil in a deep frying pan and heat it on medium flame. Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry the kormolas till they turn golden brown.
- Store it in airtight containers