Rose Cookies, called so because of their resemblance to rose shape, are tasty, crispy sweet delicacy made during Christmas. It is believed to be of Anglo Indian origin. It is also called acchu murukku in Chennai.
Rose cookiesCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1/2 kg Raw rice
1/2 coconut to extract coconut milk
200 gm Sugar powder (as per your taste)
1/4 Nutmeg scraped
- Wash the raw rice, grind it along with coconut milk.
- Add eggs, nutmeg powder and sugar powder mix it well. The batter should be of medium consistency.
- Take oil to fry in a deep frying pan and heat it
- Dip the rose cookies frame in the oil to get slightly heated. (This is done because the batter will stick to it properly and also release easily from it while frying in oil.)
- Dip the heated cookie frame in the batter about 3/4 th (don’t dip it fully otherwise batter will not release from the frame while frying)
Now dip the frame in hot oil and wait for few seconds. Move the frame gradually up and down in the hot oil. The batter will slowly release from the frame to oil. If it doesn’t release fully slowly push it with the help of a fork.
- Deep fry the cookies on both sides evenly in slow flame till it turns golden colour.
- Before frying the next cookie don’t forget to reheat the cookie frame in the same frying oil for a few seconds.