Kathi rolls, which is popular Indian street food. This Chicken Kathi Roll recipe is a mélange of masaledar chicken tikka rolled together with some salads in an egg coated ghee paratha
Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe by Eugine QuadrosCourse: RollsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
This chicken Kathi Roll recipe is a delicious Paratha roll stuffed with juicy chicken filling.
- Ingredients for Kathi Roll Stuffing:
250 grams boneless chicken one-inch dice or lengthy pieces
2 tbsp hung curd
1 tbsp chicken masala powder
1/2 tsp Haldi/turmeric powder
1 tsp Kasuri methi
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp of Chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp fried onions
1 tbsp of chopped mint leaves
1 tbsp mustard oil
One tsp salt
- Ingredients for Kathi roll paratha:
500 grams of wheat flour
1/2 tsp ajwain
1 tsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 tbsp melted ghee
And a tbsp of olive or any vegetable oil
- Method for Kathi Roll Stuffing:
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned “Ingredients for Kathi Roll Stuffing” with chicken pieces and keep inside the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat 1 tbsp of mustard oil ( or ghee) add one onion finely chopped. Saute it till transparent.
- Add marinated chicken. Cook it on medium flame.
- Add a half cup of water. Close the lid and cook it for another 10 minutes in low flame.
- Add salt if needed. Cook till it gets dry.
- Finally, add some chopped coriander leaves.
- Preparing method of Kathi roll paratha
- In a kneading bowl put the sugar, egg, milk, ajwain and mix it properly till sugar dissolves.
- Now add melted ghee and wheat flour. Knead it to a stiff dough by adding little by little water. Now apply the oil on both sides of the dough. Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Making parathas:- knead the dough again for another 2 minutes.
- Take a big size of the dough. ( double size of normal chapati) roll it like big chapati.
- Apply a spoon of melted ghee. Sprinkle wheat flour on it. Give a half slit and go on folding like a cone ( like samosa), twist in to inside and slowly press it. Now roll it like chapati. Fry it by applying ghee
- Kathi roll assembling method:-
- Whisk an egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a tsp of oil.
- Pour the mixture and immediately keep the paratha on it. Paratha should coat the egg omelette. Remove it immediately.
- On the middle of egg coated paratha spread chicken masala, Shredded vegetables like lettuce, tomato, cabbage, thin slices of capsicum, pickled onions or spring onions and mint chutney or hot and spicy ketchup.
- Now roll it tightly with the butter paper.
- Wa…wa… Enjoy the tasty and healthy called Kathi roll ready to eat.
- Kathi roll parathas dough ingredients are different than other paratha dough