Once one of my aunts visited me and reminded me of all those delicious recipes my grandma used to make. This made me learn and experiment with most varieties of fish curries.
There were many people from whom I learnt the art of cooking. Thanks to my mother-in-law and father-in-law who have preserved these recipes written down, and gifted me the diary of all the traditional recipes.
Fish Losun Miri – Sole fish/Lepo Recipe
The name itself says a curry which has garlic and pepper as main ingredients. This curry goes well with Ray fish/Vagolem in Konkani, shark/Thato, prawns and sole fish.
Another tip I would like to share is, adding a few prawns while cooking sole fish gives good aroma and enhances the taste of the curry.
Read All Delicious Fish recipes on Spices and AromasJoin us on our Facebook Group Spices & Aromas
Fish Losun Miri – Sole fish/Lepo CurryCourse: MainCuisine: MangaloreanDifficulty: Medium
Fish Losun Miri a Mangalorean fish curry which has garlic(Losun) and pepper(miri) as main ingredients. This curry goes well with Ray fish/Vagolem in Konkani, shark/Thato, prawns and sole fish.
1/2 kg fish sole/shark/prawns/ Ray ( we have taken Sole/lepo fish)
6 prawns (Optional)
- For grinding
12 red chillies (you can reduce for less spicy curry)
1 pinch Jeera
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 lemon size tamarind
Salt to taste
- For Seasoning
6 crushed garlic cloves
2 Tblspn oil
- Remove the skin/scale of the fish wash thoroughly and cut into pieces if its large fish or leave as it is.
- Grind the ingredients mentioned for grinding to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a vessel add crushed garlic cloves with skin and fry.
- To this add the ground masala paste and fry and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water to make it medium to thin (do not make it too thin) and bring it to boil.
- Add the fish cook for 2 minutes in slow flame. Keep it closed.
- It tastes better after 2 hours.
- Adding few prawns along with sole fish enhances the aroma and taste.
Tried this fish curry with prawns – turned out very tasty.
I’m glad that you liked it. Thank you for your feedback. Do try my other recipes and let me know 🙂