Fish Ambot Tik
This recipe from Konkan belt wherein Konkani Ambot means sour and Tik means Spicy. This sour and spicy recipe is a must-try for all the fish lovers. This curry taste better on the next day as the aroma and flavour of the spices and the fish blends better and becomes yummy as it’s kept for longer.
The recipe I am sharing with you is a Mangalorean Fish Ambot Tik.
Also read about Authentic Mangalorean (Kundapur style) Fish Curry
Fish Ambot Tik – Mangalorean Sour-Spicy Fish CurryCourse: MainCuisine: Mangalorean, GoanDifficulty: Medium
- For grinding
10 Dry chillies
1 pod Cardamom
2 pieces Cinnamon
½ Tspn Jeera
1 Tspn Mustard
1 bit Ginger
6 Garlic seeds
- For slicing
Lemon sized Tamarind
2 Tspn Veniger
- Clean and cut fish, marinate with salt and turmeric and keep it aside.
- To prepare Tamarind water, soak lemon sized tamarind in a small bowl of water. Only the soaked water is used while cooking.
- Grind the ingredients mentioned for grinding to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in the vessel you cook add oil and onions and fry it till you get light brown colour. Add the ground masala and fry it well, add the masala water, tamarind water, vinegar, green chillies and boil it.
- Add fish cook for 5 mins and close the lid .check for salt for taste.