Stuffed fish fry is one of my favourite fish fry recipe, which I learnt from my mom. When I was a kid, when my mom used to fry this I used to wait to taste it hot. The whole kitchen and rooms used fill with the sweet aroma of this frying masala.
My mom used to prepare stuffed fish fry particularly with Croaker fish or in Udupi, Mangalore it’s called Kallur fish.
Croaker / Kallur fish is a fleshy fish but a bit bland in taste. The Masala in this recipe is spicy and tangy, which will make this fish fry amazing.
Stuffed Fish Fry of Croaker Fish
In this recipe, the fish is sliced ( images are shown below in the recipe section) and the masala paste is stuffed inside generously and also from outside. Then it is tied around with a fine thread so that while frying it shouldn’t open.
Before serving the stuffed fish fry, the thread must be removed else it will become messy while eating.
Also, read the recipe of
Stuffed Fish Fry – Croaker/Kallur fishCourse: Fish, SeafoodCuisine: MangaloreanDifficulty: Medium
- Ingredients for Masala
10 Green chillies
1 Tsp pepper
1 1/2 Tsp jeera
1/2 Tsp turmeric
1 pod garlic
1/2 bunch Coriander leaves
3 sprigs mint
1/4 tsp kuskus/poppy seeds optional
1/2 ” cinnamon
3 Tbsp vinegar
Salt to taste.
- Grind all the the above ingredients mentioned for masala to fine paste.
- Clean and cut the crocker fish as shown in the picture below
- Now slice the fish as shown in the below picture
- Now stuff ground masala paste generously inside as well as outside
- Once the masala paste is stuffed, tie it with a thread so that while frying it should not open.
- Now shallow fry the stuffed fish