Prawns & Spinach: Benefits
Including prawns in our diet provides the types of nutrients required to build muscle, replenish red blood cells and reduce fat. Eating prawns provides a complete protein, which helps the body to function properly, develop a healthy immune system, helps build strong bones because they contain phosphorous, copper and magnesium. Spinach is extremely healthy and has numerous health benefits. Spinach is a rich source of Iron. It greatly improves oxidative stress, eye health, and blood pressure
Also read about Mangalorean Crab Curry here
Also, read about Malabar Spinach Curry
Prawns Palak/Spinach Chilly FryCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Prawn Spinach/Palak Chilly fry is a unique delicious Indian recipe. Fried prawns in spinach paste and with few sauces make it perfectly healthy and tasty
1 Kg Prawns
2 Bunch palak
8 Green chilli finely chopped.
1 Bunch spring onions
1 Tblspn soya sauce
1 Tblspn chilli sauce
2 Tblspn tomato sauces
2 Tsp ginger garlic paste
3 Tsp cornflour
Salt to taste
- Grind 1 bunch of palak and chop the other bunch lengthwise and keep aside.
- Clean and devein the prawns. Marinate it with salt, 4 tbsp of palak ground paste, egg, half of the finely chopped green chillies, 1/2 tbsp soya sauce, 1/2 Tbsp chilli sauce,1 tsp ginger garlic paste, Cornflour and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Deep fry the prawns.
- Chop the capsicum and spring onions and fry well. Add ginger-garlic paste, palak paste, remaining chopped green chillies and fry.
- Add the fried Prawns and remaining sauces and tomato sauce. Saute for sometime and the dish is ready.
- Now take the lengthwise chopped palak and deep fry it with some sesame seeds sprinkled while frying.
- Serve this fried palak with prawn chilly. It tastes amazing with prawn chilli.